Sunday, February 28, 2010

Venice arrival - Room with a View

It took me a lifetime to get there, but I finally arrived, safe and sound but not too high-spirited (thanks to the lack of a bar carriage) in mystical Venice. HL and I disembarked the train and, with bulging baggage barking at our heels, walked to the entrance of the Venice train station. There, before our very eyes, was the Grand Canal. It was everything I had expected it to be and more. The evening was begining to throw its misty cloak over Venice as the vaporetti ploughed their way along the Grand Canal to the awaiting, eager passengers.

In no time at all we had reached our destination, the San Marco stop. Our accommodation for the next week was Albergo All Angelo located literally just behind Piazza San Marco. We had a room with a view of the brook on which it bordered - the Canal of the Angel. Venice is everything I expected and more.





















No comments: